Partnerships are at the heart of the Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability (ALACD). They form the foundation of all our accomplishments. By combining our collective efforts, working in partnership enables us to leverage expertise and develop resources that help organizations create inclusive opportunities and welcoming environments for Canadians with a disability.
Employment and Social Development Canada
Social Development Partnership Program
Canadian Paralympic Committee
By supporting Canadian high performance athletes with a disability and promoting their success, the Canadian Paralympic Committee inspires all Canadians with a disability to get involved in sport. CPC graciously supports the administrative needs of the Active Living Alliance.
Recreation Integration Victoria
RIV provided support to develop and implement a 2-hour online version of Moving to Inclusion, with a grant received from the:
Capitalizing Through Collaboration
The Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability (ALACD) recognizes the importance of partnering with provincial and territorial affiliates across Canada to improve recreation, physical activity, and sport opportunities for individuals with a disability.
Partnering with provincial/territorial associations creates a unique link between The Active Living Alliance, its affiliates, members, supporters, researchers and stakeholders. Our goal is to support all organizations and groups who are striving to ensure that inclusion is a cultural norm in communities across Canada!
The Active Living Alliance is currently securing Affiliates across the country. These Affiliates will play a pivotal role in helping us realize our vision by:
- Establishing a strong provincial/territorial presence in the field;
- Reaching community organizations that strive to ensure the inclusion of individuals with a disability in recreation, physical activity and sport opportunities;
- Facilitating opportunities to provide capacity-building activities to increase inclusion;
- Revitalizing the All Abilities Welcome network of speakers; and
- Strengthening our advocacy efforts.
The Active Living Alliance will support the Affiliates by:
- Offering capacity-building initiatives in the area of inclusion;
- Providing support to address the policy considerations and directives in a number of national strategies and policies;
- Providing several resources, training sessions, membership benefits and individualized instruction and consultation related to inclusion.
BC Recreation and Parks Association
Alberta Recreation & Parks Association
Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
Recreation Connections Manitoba
Recreation New Brunswick